Monday, February 13, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, Carbon Black

Hello! Just wanted to tap in a quick review! I have been using this mascara for a couple of weeks now, in place of my favorite benefit bad gal lash mascara (review on that coming soon). I had this one in my back up stash and decided I should use it up instead of breaking the seal on my back-up bad gal lash mascara....(yes, I keep a lot of back-ups!).
This product seems to be a crowd favorite in the drugstore mascara department. I'm not totally crazy about it though. I give it a 6 out of 10 and here is why:
Although it does give a great amount of volume and is, of course, VERY black, it tends to be very clumpy and goopy. I always have to scrape off extra formula from the wand before I apply it, which is just plain annoying. In addition, layering it doesn't turn out well, as it continues to clump and give a spider-look to the lashes. The other thing that bugs me about it is that it does transfer onto my brow bone in only a couple of hours (in other words, it smudges, leaves black marks where my lashes have touches the skin on my brow bone/eyelid area). I go to school during the week starting from early in the morning and ending in the late evening, so I need my mascara to keep it together!

If those cons don't bother you or if you don't have problems with smudging, then this mascara could be great. Keep in mind it is a "volumizing" mascara, and does not provide significant lengthening. It is affordable and certainly very black, so I might try a light layer of it over Benefit Bad Gal Lash and see how that looks. I'll keep ya posted!

Peace, Love, and Lashes,
Barbi

No comments:

Post a Comment