Sunday, February 19, 2012

A colorful look for blue eyes

Today I am going to show you step by step how to get this look: 

This is a great look for all of my blue-eyed friends! the blue and pink eyeshadow will enhance the color of your eye, while the grey outer corner will enhance the shape of your eye.

Step 1: Prime your eye! I used Urban Decay eyeshadow Primer Potion:
Step 2: Apply a light blue (or turquoise if you would like) eyeshadow to the main part of your eyelid, staying below your eye crease, I'm using an eyeshadow applicator sponge:

Step 3: Apply a light pink eyeshadow to the inner corner area of the eye, and drag it through the crease about halfway across the eyelid:

Step 4: Apply a medium grey eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye, following a sideways 'V' shape, pointing away from the eye. Apply the grey into the crease of the eye, and drag it down to the lash line to get that 'v' shape. When you apply the grey eyeshadow into the crease, blend it slightly with the pink when the two colors meet.
Step 5: Use a light brown eye shadow, matte would work best, and lightly blend it on the brow brown to create a smooth transition between the crease color and your skin color, for this I used a blending brush:
Step 6: Apply a light cream eyeshadow below the eyebrow to create a highlight:
Step 7: Eyeliner! Use whatever liner you prefer, I used my ELF liquid liner in black, apply a thin line that is smallest near the tear duct and grows larger towards the outside of the eye:

Step 8: Mascara! I used L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, but you can use whatever you like:
Step 9 and 10: I used Elf Candid Coral blush for a subtle glow to the cheeks, and a nude lipstick. I curled my hair to really polish off the look.
The eyeshadow I used for this look is from the ELF cool colors 32 eyeshadow Pallet. Wow I used a lot of ELF in this look!

I hope you Liked this step by step tutorial, let me know if you have any questions!

Love and lipstick,
Barbi



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much!! This looks awesome and I can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete