Monday, June 11, 2012

Skin Care Secret: Avocados!

I love Avocados! I always try to keep some avocados in my kitchen, its easier to do in the spring and summer when they are in season, but during the winter they become more expensive. Avocados are so healthy in so many ways, they have heart-healthy fats, which keep your hair and skin moisturized and your heart pumping. Avocados also contain vitamin K, C and B6, just like other fruits but without all of the sugar.

Whether you eat your avocados by themselves(I do!) or in a sandwich, these buddies do all kinds of good things for your body.

They are also good for the outside of your body! You can make a moisturizing mask using Avocado to heal and protect your sensitive skin areas. I like to mix a tablespoon of avocado, a tablespoon of raw honey, and a tablespoon of sugar together to make a facial scrub/mask. After scrubbing for one minute, I let the mask set on my face for 5 more minutes and then rinse it off. It leaves your skin feeling clean, smooth, and moisturized!

Take advantage of summertime by stocking up on this beauty fruit!

Hearts and Happy Faces,

Barbi

No comments:

Post a Comment