Thursday, May 17, 2012

!!!Update!!! NYX soft matte lip cream

Well I have officially tested the NYX soft matte lip cream in the color Istanbul and I have much to say about it!
I am wearing it in this photo from yesterday, with a warm summer-y neutral look. The lip cream is indeed matte and very soft-it feels like silk on the lips! Unfortunately it didn't have very great lasting power, it behaved basically like a lipstick, but was not as drying as lipsticks can be. I think the lip cream stays pretty moist on the lips to allow flexibility, in contrast to matte lipsticks that can dry up and crack and settle into the lines in your lips.

The color is also very similar to one of my favorite lipsticks, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink In The Afternoon. The Revlon lipstick is more pink though, whereas Istanbul is more rosey so it allows for more comfortable wear (and it is slightly cheaper). I think both products are appropriate for everyday wear-anytime anyplace-but that is just my opinion! What do you think? Would you try it?

It's Istanbul not Constantinople,

Barbi

No comments:

Post a Comment